Sunday 9 July 2017

The girl in braids


I saw you at the festival
Your hair was done up in braids
You walked up to me smiling
and wore some fancy shades

We sat and listened to the poems
The weather had turned out fine
Together on the grass now
You placed your warm hand in mine

Only in that crowd of hundreds
Had we been alone before
A ripe fruit right for picking
I could not have asked for more

Later we were at a wine bar
Talking about favorite things
Your eyes looked at me with love
How loudly my heart now sings

Image found at www.thewhistlernews.com

5 comments:

  1. A tender write Old Egg - flows so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. how loudly my heart sings, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poem fitting to recent (US) 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are becoming very good at these love poems. Enjoyed this one immensely.

    ReplyDelete