Saturday 24 January 2015

You are my full moon



That spell you have cast
Now scorches my hearts fibre
I'm glad it does so

You are my full moon
That shines on me when it is dark
Thus easing my mind

In your far off land
Your church bells chime not for me
So far, far away

So what is my aim?
Maybe, one day we will speak
Our sweet words of love

And what is the sign?
Free spirit will you dance now 
Or keep your silence?

But for now, farewell
No more of my trite nonsense
You know me too well

That spell you have cast
Now scorches my hearts fibre
I'm glad it does so


Image found at www.pixgood.com

9 comments:

  1. What a dilemma...to have a heart that's healthy and solitary or one that's scorched and waiting for love...let the moon decide..she always knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. that word 'scorch' is so powerful in this poem. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the idea that a heart may be scorched in the moon's cool and calming reflection,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be quite painful and desirable to be waiting on the other side of the coin where the moon face is black, and stares empty at you waiting for words to be spoken, but don't quite have the courage to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And under the full moon's peak all dreams come true. A very lovely write, Old Egg.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm told the moon's a balloon. Sadly mine popped some time ago :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's time to bring on the empty horses then:) Enjoyed both books !

      Delete
  7. I like the repetition of the first stanza again at the end. May the scorching of heart's fibers repeatedly make you glad!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you've constructed this poem. Love is painful, but hauntingly beautiful. You've captured it well in this and the image you chose to go with this works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete