Tuesday 14 August 2018

You look at me


We're holding fingers walking along the strand
With the sea gently lapping on the sand
There's nothing in the world we want more
As you look at me and I at you

Seabirds fly off and crabs scuttle from our feet
How blessed we both were when first we did meet
As we walk you take a glance at me
Knowing that my eyes are on you too

And when we reach the end of the golden shore
I see your eyes pleading for so much more
So venture in the dunes out of sight
Kissing and cuddling clothes all askew

The evening falls and the moon shines down on us
As we hear the seas constant hiss and hush
So we wend our way wearily home
Paddling along the seashores foam

Image found at https://pixabay.com/en/photos/?q=Couple+walking+on+beach

13 comments:

  1. how wonderfully this flows..just like a lapping tide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this is lovely in its diction, imagery and feeling.
    Blissful and comforting. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is wonderfully romantic and dreamy!!💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the beach, hand in hand, with sounds of the sea and a taste of sand lending to play. A nice write, rhyme enhanced. Wish I were there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, slow walking poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some places (and people) always make us want more (in the best of ways)... how delicious when we get to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a delightful day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You write such lovely romantic poetry Robin!! This can only be done by a poet that has known a great and mighty love!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the rhyme scheme of this poem, Robin, which reminds me of walking along, stopping and looking at the other person, and then continuing, as on a beach walk. I like that fingers are held - my husband and I do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nature seems to be in tandem with the feelings impacting on both the souls!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pure, beautiful romance. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete