Thursday 2 April 2020

That we exist


The strange thing about humankind
Is that we should exist at all
What terrible creature was born
To upset the world forlorn

Deciding to take charge of all
Whose selfish greed appals others
And hates freedom for other kind
Not wishing to share state of mind

The Earth is a beautiful place
Eden for those who really care
That we exist is such a shame
Whatever's wrong, we are to blame

Forests felled, ice caps melt away
Seas polluted with all our waste
New disaster now visits us
Prepare to go and make no fuss

Image found at www.metro.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. I agree, Robin, humans shouldn’t exist, we were a divine mistake that Mother Nature or one of the many gods seems to be rectifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite right of course ... and yet I am selfishly glad to have been here and lived my long life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the opening lines! It's a question I often ask myself 💘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to think we may have blown it, Robin, now that we are brought to our knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord, we humans have been so destructive. I am grateful for the days I've been given and hope to have many more.

    ReplyDelete