Friday 3 April 2020

It's late, it's morning



It's late, I'm awake, I've slept in after coming back after a long night out, but I still have  smile on my face. I don't feel like work so I'll call in sick so I can try to get rid of this grin on my face. Mind you she was really beautiful. Girls are when they smile and they are holding you tight and she is looking at you as though you were the best date that she ever had. I must confess she was but I don't want to see her anymore, as nothing that good will ever happen again. But I will write a poem about her; about her scent, the sparkle in her eyes ...and the sweet and trusting way she held my hand.

You were not the first
I can say you were the best
But now it's morning



5 comments:

  1. Hello, I came and found this poem because your link at Toads led nowhere. I'm sure this must be the right one – certainly indicates the relativity of time!

    PS This haibun (and particularly the senryu) is VERY NAUGHTY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you fixed the link. And maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, or are you? This reads to me like a response to the one on time, but that is Day 5, and Day 4 is Gertrude Stein.

      Delete
  2. A unique take on time for sure. Whew! Had my pulse racing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah such is bliss!

    and the peculiar knowledge and/or fear that once tasted, can never be had/replicated again .... what a refreshing idea to see this expressed ....

    ReplyDelete