Saturday 4 April 2020

Surviving in your own place


I have the space and have the time
But stay inside, it may get me
We cannot see it but it's there
Will hurt us if we do not care

It is like a pretty maiden
Always smiling and wanting me
But I shake my head, don a mask
Refuse everything that she asks

Hundreds of us now are dying
I pray that it will not be me
I speak to no-one all are scared
For this disease we're unprepared

I had the space and time was free
Nobody's left but you and me
The air is fresh and so are you
So we will start the world anew

Image found at www.pixabay.com

8 comments:

  1. Resonating lines, Robin, that sum up the current situation beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent poem...take care Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A timely post....Don't know what happened with your links, but I enjoyed this poem and the grinning one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this hits home...the indoors me watching the outdoors wondering what the world will be when we swing our doors open again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am staying in, too, and feel the same way, Robin. It is scary out there. I never thought, after all we have lived through, that we would be living through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a very strange and frightening world - out there, and inside too - for this all forces us to stop and turn inwards, to consider how fragile, vulnerable we are ....

    it's definitely hard times, odd times ....

    I hope you and your family are safe and well Robin.

    ReplyDelete