Friday 10 April 2020

I have butterfly wings


I dreamt I had butterfly wings
Flying from flower to flower
When I land the flower does shake
And so covers me with pollen
Taste the nectar which is so sweet
Flap my wings to find another

Doing so pollinate one more
The pretty flowers are so pleased
That they wave me a fond goodbye
So try to find another one
Same species of plant are the best
That havn't been touched by others

Or shaken by a gusty wind
Or breathed on by some animals
Careless of plants intent to breed
Waiting for right one to arrive
To pollinate each one of them
To wait one more year such bother

So all of us must play our parts
In this tale we help each other
Plant feeds one so can get pregnant
While pollinator's unaware
Who's fed by plant that needs his help
Transformed without smug lover!

Image found at www.pixabay.com

11 comments:

  1. You really brought that butterfly to a wonderful life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it and learned some My favourite line "Transformed without smug lover"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do with a dream like that, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly sure gets around, doesn't he? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful dream that makes one want it to continue forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delightful dream, Robin!💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed... it's a circle of life and giving (or losing everything) if we don't play and live together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life..we must all work together (nature and human) to make it a better world, to survive

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful dream Robin, indeed we can in life be unawares blessings to others just by visiting a other like your pollen carrying butterfly

    Thanks for dropping by my sumie Sunday

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  10. it sure is a wonderful dream, Robin. To have such vivid colours, to be able to fly and to help nature. This poem has such a feel-good feeling about it. :)

    ReplyDelete