Tuesday 3 December 2019

I really hate change




I really hate change, unless it is me
It's my choice to be who I want to be
But with others I firmly disagree
I really must end this verse with an 'e'

I am joking of course but we should all
Accept changes even they do appall
You wouldn't think that I would have the gall
To finish verse without a rhyme at the end!

Forgive me I like to have just one joke
For I've always been that sort of bloke
Forever laughing as I write each stroke
As though my finger does give you a poke

Enough of the silly childish banter
You'll think of me as a silly ranter
I'll soon be speeding off at a canter
Christmas shopping calls so might meet Santa!

Image found at https://pixabay.com/photos/santa-claus-christmas-christmas-tree-3858846/

10 comments:

  1. I believe you! You had me laughing. My poem started with hating change but it repented and went in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Robin. Changes suck. I am glad Christmas shopping may divert you. Your poem had me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, this is such a fun poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😃luv it. I do hope you get to meet Santa
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today
    Robin

    Much💞love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first two lines are just gold. A delightful poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you had nearly as much fun writing this as we had reading! (It's very clever, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin,

    I love your attitude to change..just get on with it!!
    Obviously you have got the Christmas spirit to guide you along the way...Loved your aspect of change...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the attitude in this poem, Robin!❤️ Exquisite write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you: I want to choose my own change, not have it chosen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great poem Happy New Year happy Seasons Greetings

    ReplyDelete