Sunday 8 December 2019

I leave no evidence




What will heal my wounds of life
As I struggle to start again
Much like sad and barren tree
Losing leaves, blossoms sadly
Baring all majestically

Along comes spring full of joy
Bathing in watery kiss
Leaves spring gladly every year
Flower buds gifting new life
Tree not knowing she was wife

Swaying in forest clearing
Sometimes fearing scent of smoke
Always sucking water up
To feed buds and seeds therein
Hiding many birds basking

And me? When I think of death
Body in casket now placed
All I was; blown far away
No more pride no disgrace
In heaven, hell or other place

Image found at https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2019/11/26/19/03/man-4655261_340.jpg

1 comment:

  1. The end of each of us comes, and what can we say?
    "All I was, blown far away."

    ReplyDelete