Sunday 30 June 2019

The day did shine


The air was still, the day did shine
As summer sun beamed down on us
My veins throbbed and some shade I sought
I mowed the lawn, the pets looked on
I wonder where my wife has gone?

She's usually part of the team
But has taken off in the car
Probably to fill up the tank
Will be back soon I have no doubt
Pets have now disappeared from view

Back door opens here come the crew
Dog's tail wagging furiously
Creating quite a fuss, wife grins
"I went to get some ice cream
Come on in before it all melts"

The dog barked then jumped a rope
The cat looked on from the back door
I packed up, put mower away
Lucky me, words are not enough
Love my wife she's without a match

Image found at https://pixabay.com/photos.search/dog%at%20window/



No comments:

Post a Comment