Wednesday 11 January 2017

The lovable rogue


He was a lovable rogue
You couldn't trust him an inch
Avoiding people he owed
With his lopsided grin
Buttering up those like me
Who might just lend him some cash
Which was never quite enough
That you'd never see again

He had a family somewhere
Up the north coast so he said
He real mates were in the pub
Kindred of sorts, jokes, tall tales
Was always watching the door
Alert like a keen jockey
For quick exit from the stalls
Those days long gone thank goodness

Image found at www.poojavir.wordpress.com

5 comments:

  1. I've known a few of those. They can be fun - for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet sofa and whiskey is much nicer than that place i think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...that sounded somewhat autobiographical. At least those days are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a few of those in my pubs over the years! You took me back OE.

    To read my 3WW click here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's always on of those nice to you to get what they want

    ReplyDelete