Friday 13 January 2017

Conversation on a rainy afternoon




The rain pelted down
So I ran into the mall
My car glared at me

Shopping first I thought
Then changed my mind " No, Coffee"
The barista grinned

Girl with long black hair
Didn't ask me what I'd have
Just looked at damp me

Then asks with a grin
"It's not still raining, is it?"
She has pretty eyes

"Oh no" she then moaned
I'll be off in half an hour
I'm bound to get soaked

"I've some things to buy
Then I can give you a lift"
But she looked doubtful

I read the paper
So went to do my shopping
Then back to cafe

She was waiting there 
"The boss knows you, so I'm safe
I'm glad you came back"

The rain had eased off
Car seemed happy to see us
Maybe it likes her


Image found at www.missionarabica.com/baristaconfessions

6 comments:

  1. There is something sweet about the way the car's perceived mood mimics the protagonist's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire a car that knows to like a girl. This is so cute, Robin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she was wise enough to check the fellow out. This made me remember "Bus Stop" by the Hollies. This is such a happy poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so wonderfully romantic, Robin!❤️💖 I love the subtle hint at chivalry and the way he courts her in this. Beautifully executed. Thank you so much for participating at Prompt Nights and for your constant love and support❤️💖


    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your poem so much. The way things played out is just fine, that moody car got a "lift" as well. Sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes what a nice turn in perspective.. let's hope it was a happy drive

    ReplyDelete