Saturday 20 March 2021

Io goes for a swim (Chapter 5)



I suggested to Io that we go for swim down the beach as it was sunny. Where I chose was not popular but well away from surf lifeavers and big crowds. We settled under the rock wall facing the sea which was calm and the weather sunny. I stripped off my tee shirt and wearing shorts went to test the water. I turned as I heard Io run up behind me so turned to find her naked. I looked in horror then rushed back to grab a towel to cover her. Naiad or not I told her everyone must wear something on this beach. I explained there was a beach for nudists a few miles south so we should go there. She shrugged her beautiful shoulders, so we returned to the car.

We drove down to Maslin beach which was the closest one that permits unclothed adults but it took an hour to get there. She seemed quite pleased as I think she enjoyed riding in my car down to the beach. I then parked in the carpark leading to the clothed beach so we walked along up to the nudist beach passing the warning sign for all to see. It was deserted today so as I set up our belongings, Io immediately stripped off and ran down to the water. I also shed my clothes and followed her down. She was in her element swmming far out then coming back telling what she had seen under the water as she played with the crabs and nodded to the dolphins swimming happily about. She finally emerged wearing a garland of seaweed round her neck holding a sea shell saying " Listen to what I heard down there".

I offered her a towel but she shook her head happy to dance on the sand drying herself in the sun. Eventually she slowed down and accompanied me back to our belongings under the cliff face. We both had a drink of bottled water and I suggested we go to a cafe nearby to have a spot to eat. Io nodded her head enthusiastically.


351words

 

 Photo of Maslin Beach, South Australia

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a delightful nature sprite she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Io’s naivety, Robin, and the fact that she has no inhibitions. She just wanted to enjoy the water and play with crabs and dolphins! I love the way you describe her like Venus on the half shell, with her garland of seaweed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skinny dipping with a naiad? Now that's an unforgettable adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now Robin, she has you wrapped around her naiad finger
    Good Luck

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's getting more and more interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete