Saturday 13 March 2021

Io arrives in Australia (Chapter 4)

                                 


Io and my plane was landing early morning in Adelaide; breakfasting to ensure the crew could  prepare for the next leg of the flight ensuring the most discomfort for passengers. Once landed we skipped the duty free shop, trundled though customs with my case and Io’s handbag! Hoping the x-ray scanner wouldn’t find anything.

I was questioned whether I had visited any farmers and played with infected animals merely telling them I’d visited Greece to see ancient temples and so on. Not unexpectedly Io had already got to the arrival hall before me. She stood smiling as though she had come to meet me.

I wheeled my case to the taxi rank welcomed by the dry warmth of Adelaide as Io looked all around one of the closest airports to a city in the world. It was so early the taxis were queued up ready for our flight. Instead of sitting by the driver which was normal, I sat with Io in the back. She stared at the city and buildings as we were driven off. The driver was Indian so I asked how the cricket was going. He he told me about the test matches with Australia had been won by India with a grin on his face.

Io poked me in the ribs now and then but kept quiet until we got to my house. She inspected  every room to see what was there. I put the air conditioner on and took my case to my bedroom only to find Io was laid out on the bed.

“Is this where we sleep?” She asked.

“No” I said “I have fish pond you can use. You’ll be more comfortable there won’t you being a Naiad?”

Jumping off the bed she hugged me saying “I love the way you make me laugh”.

She pulled me down on the bed and kissed me and we made love melting into each other. Then we both had a short sleep. When I woke there was a cup of coffee by the bed. I got up to find Io was hanging some washing on the line.                                        


352 words

9 comments:

  1. I KEEP SMILING AS I READ. Io's ability to be one step ahead of you in every shift in the scene. (I get flashbacks of my viewing 'I Dream of Jeannie' TV series)

    Happy Sunday Robin
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I trust he will be making her coffee the next day, and will be the one to iron that washing, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could she got through customs without a passport? oh, she's a goddess! things seem to be happening pretty fast.
    Enjoyed the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you use words ... 'only to find Io was laid out on the bed' case in point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I see a fellow passenger snoozing on a plane I always wonder what he's dreaming. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A vivid and entertaining read allowing for privacy on the last paragraph, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The goddess is gracious by providing coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And unsaid, but Io has moved in. She liked what she tasted.
    Once Mrs. Jim and I flew to Auckland with me sitting between an NZ farmer and Mrs. Jim. He was secretive about even his first name but besides his two farms along the east coast and also two homes in the U.S. One was in Nashville, TN, and the other in Las Vegas, NV. He eeked out a living as a Country Western song writer. He said he had another to be published/sung very soon. He wouldn't tell song names either but I am fairly sure that google knew. But I'm not into CW music except for that sung by Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, and Bonnie Strait.
    How long will the new guest be staying?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? However Greek gods are particularly devious. I wrote the series many years ago and with the Poets and Storytellers word count I have shortened and amended the story so who knows what will eventuate!

      Delete