Saturday 13 March 2021

Boys love water

                                                                         


All boys love water except when they need a bath

Well that was me as a young lad whose idea was fun

Whether it was rain or shine to find adventure

By going to the river that ran through the town

Remove my shoes and sock to wade in the water

Tiptoeing through the grass to hear the water surge

As cold as ice it was spilling over the weir

Singing a sea shanty wishing I had a boat

To sail away swaying on the seas rising tide

Watching the gulls crying to others overhead

Sat on a rock with a towel over my head

All day I could play but I had to watch the time

But I wasn't really there but staying at home

As I woke from dreaming it was raining outside


Image from www.pixabay.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how disappointing! I was right there wading in the water. I'd love to live by water now, I'd be there most of the day. I seriously think I might move to the coast some day. Even if I have to live in a tiny mobile home, I'd love to be near the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The disappointment was it being a dream...

      Delete