Sunday 21 July 2019

Everything is a blur


Everything is a blur
I just don't know who's to blame
I close my eyes and wait a bit
Just who is playing a game?

Sing your songs, write poems for me
As we waste our lives away
Let's smoke those Gauloise cigarettes
For nothing will be the same

I saw that you've bleached your hair
Whilst I have grown my fine beard
We're just dancing our lives away
Only me and you to blame

Where did you go my sweet love
On that Paris day in Spring
When it was five, dizzy I woke 
You never answered your name

I waited so long in the flat
And fearing the worst of course
Humiliation seeped through my bones
For I had lost the endgame

Image found at http://favim.com/image/165965/

15 comments:

  1. Love and loss in Paris makes for a romantic poem! Cool photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intense write you told the story perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sad to experience such a loss, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an eloquent write, Robin! 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be forgotten by someone one values can leave a heart feeling all sorts of hurt and humiliation, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like a French movie...enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "dancing our lives away" - both celebration and loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last line. I love it all. Paris is definitely a place where love can be found, then lost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sad end. Questions of blame don't matter any more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little stories you put together so lyrically, Robin. The Paris backdrop, to this one, is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no better setting for romance than Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But you will always have Paris, won't you.. as the Casablanca quote goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Past and present are blurring together. What's it all about, Alfie?

    ReplyDelete
  14. always a delight to read your love verses, Robin.
    this looks like a romance tale that had somehow derailed. but ditch those Gauloise cigarettes, they are much more evil than their Yank or Brit cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sad ending. Nicely penned.

    ReplyDelete