Sunday 18 March 2018

Guinness is no mans friend


Damn you Keiran for getting me sloshed
Tho' I was nowhere as drunk as you
And got cursed when I got home so late
'Cos I had to take you to your wife
Totally plastered, that you were, mate

I say draft Guinness is no man's friend
At two pubs we were thrown out last night
First time I had fought with my bare fists
Glad I stuck to drinking my Pale Ale
My were you soused, away in the mists

Why do you Paddy's sing such songs
And want to punch everyone in sight?
What made it worse you craved pie and chips
Then got tomato sauce down your front
Laid on the pavement you saw an eclipse

What's sad was that when I got you home
Your wife Siobhan thought that you'd been stabbed
Screamed at me for getting you in this fix
So forget next time, my wife got quite mad
Says next week I take her to the flicks

Image found at http://www.thedrinkingclasses.com/guinness-draught-for-st-patricks-day/

14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a classic night out! There's a drinking song flavour to this, and a drunken sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant get more in media res than this! Nothing like boys and booze in their guilty shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    sloshed, plastered, pissed, boiled, tanked. i've been through all these. i am more of a beer person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha... so many way to be drunk... but it's a good thing to have someone slightly more sober to bring with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is funny! Shepherd's pie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, my husband would be the first to say there's nothing wrong with a little Guinness...in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, luv the use of rhyme in this one

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monday WRites is live; I invite you to link in

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wife had some GOOD advice, did he take it? Here we have GREEN beer on St. Pat's Day and he canals and bayous run Green. Been a while since I've been to the tavern but I can remember. Your rhymes are nice too.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a friend who is less drunk to guide you. This read was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with your wife. Tomato sauce or no, stick with the flicks. (After you pass me a pint :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Legend has it that pinching for not wearing green is a mild reprimand for not" honoring Ireland. Also it made one invisible to leprechauns.
    ..

    ReplyDelete