Wednesday 30 June 2021

Writing something

                                                                  


I must confess I rarely fail to write something to post to each prompt. Mind you I am old and a lot had happened over the last eighty five years. However I find it important to think of something to write down which may be true or otherwise but my brain needs to say something just to be satisfied that I was here and telling the world all about it. The best part is that I may in fact have done or experienced something worthwhile which needs remembering. Being a writer I can tell the truth or be quite inventive in what I would like to say.

                                                    Each day is a joy

                                                   Full of possibilities

                                                    And of memories

                               




Illustration from www.pixabay.com

                                                           

10 comments:

  1. 85 years worth of memories makes for some excellent source material

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. PS Clearly the blank page holds no terrors for you!

      Delete
  3. Not exactly blank today, Robin. We'll fill in some "blanks" here, and except for one five letter word it is complete without.
    I feel reading here that you are healthier than me even though I've a couple of years on you?
    Nice Haibun, Cheers, :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I was the Butler in our play when I was in the highest grade of my school, it only went to ten, and we had three in our graduating class.
      Shhhh! I did go on for two more years at a town school.
      ..

      Delete
  4. I have 87 years of memories to draw from as well, Robin, and a need to commit them to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you, Sir .... and many years of more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed it is Robin, indeed it is. When you get to our age, each day may have its pain and problems — but each is wonderful. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. "If I stop writing, I die." That's my motto. Sounds like it's yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing keeps me sane (I think)

    ReplyDelete