Thursday 24 June 2021

Sorrow alone

 

Dearest one I am writing to you again

I've a heavy heart as I miss you so much

Your box of ashes long buried in the ground

I'll not forget, for you are part of me

The blooms have died and been removed

As I sit down and remember our love

I hope you are listening as we talk

As we would on our long country walks

We held each others hands just to be one

Now I feel that pang of sorrow alone

If I could share my life with you again

I will one day, we're made for each other

So prepare to move over one day soon




 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the idea of having to move over to make room! Makes me wonder if she had to do that in life as well, perhaps married to a bed-hog! Hope she doesn't move over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line: how anticipatory! How tender! This is a love that never dies.

    ReplyDelete