Thursday 1 July 2021

The pond in my garden


I loved the pond in my garden

Lotus flowers beamed up at me

At night they snuggled down in bed

Just like my lovely wife and me

Little fish were swmming there too

In the water safe in the shade

We could see it from the window

Our dog was pleased that it was there

He often lapped at the water

Wife said his job was to test it

And warn of the floating debris

My memory recalls the sadness

The awful day my dear wife died

I held her cold hands and her wrists

This made me want to leave the house

For it spoke only of my wife

Who no more would sit on my lap



Illustration from www.pixabay.com


2 comments:

  1. Wrapped up in the sadness is such beautiful imagery

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can get really emotional when faced with the 'stay at home' requirement now. In a way it is good. Wonderful write Robin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete