Wednesday 30 September 2020

Rain in October


I feel sad autumn leaves now fall

I don't care very much at all

Because my girl gave me the boot

Who cares that trees stopped bearing fruit

Despite that I'm full six feet tall

Feel that I want to howl and bawl

She was beauty and so cute

As losing her is so acute


October rains pour down on me

No way did I want to be free

No cuddles close, no kisses sweet

My shattered life's now incomplete

No way now that she'll be my wife

Already I sense my cold life

She was a beauty and so cute

The loss of her is absolute


 

12 comments:

  1. Aww falling leaves and a love fallen out of your arms thats too much

    Happy Wednesday

    Muchđź’“love

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very difficult to see beauty when one is sad. Sigh.

    Also, what Rosemary said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would guess rain and soggy leaves make the loss feel worse. Dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have April showers
    You have October rains
    Dreary rains by yourself
    Lonesome time of the year.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Octobers are colder without a special someone to share cozy times with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem made me think of the song from Camelot, Robin, 'If ever I should leave you...'

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sadness you write of makes my heart ache ... for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A loss like that will be remembered every October ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone knows how I love rhyming, and you do it so well. This is a delight to read out loud as it just rolls off the tongue so rhythmically.

    ReplyDelete