Saturday 19 September 2020

Getting older

                         


I miss my garden living in a flat

Sowing seeds in the springtime and all that

Waving to neighbots ober garden gate

Hearing a blackbird singing to his mate

Mowing th lawn, pruning trees and more

But putting out trash, that I did abhor!

Hanging washing on line was hers to do

Worst job of all was cleaning up dogs poo


Now living in apartment chores all gone

To describe it well I call it "Vive Bon"

All is shiney new no squeaking rusty gate

Just wish I still had my wife, my dear mate

Chores are sparse except th spring flower pot

No pesky insects or even flies too swat

Wear what clothes I like even rumpled shawl

For what I do others care not at all



3 comments:

  1. The sense of loss and yearning is so strong in this poem - perhaps people do care but are just unseen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jae is right: Someone somewhere always cares for us in our grief and solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perks both ways! Growing older does really change things for us.
    Dwight

    ReplyDelete