Monday 28 September 2020

The pale moon rises

                                                 

The pale moon rises; we will see each other tonight. Our love is forbidden but we persevere regardless. I wonder whether the moon is our friend or a duplicitous sneak as I touch your soft skin and feel the warmth of your body. So for the moment I worry not . However I sense trouble as a sad mist clouds your sad eyes and you say not one word.

                                                      This speaks millions

                                              I sense this will be the last time

                                                        It will be dark soon


Image from Pixabay.com

11 comments:

  1. Interesting thought, Robin: is the moon is our friend or a duplicitous sneak, a voyeur? Your haiku is tinged with loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of poignancy and sadness: I love the haiku with two different interpretations possible in the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon has always been associated with romantic nights captured lovingly by couples in their quiet moments together. Truly said Robin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. "..and you say not one word." Indeed it WILL be dark soon. Very soon, like already.

    Very effective write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “This speaks millions
    I sense this will be the last time
    It will be dark soon”

    ...bittersweet OE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, sadness has overtaken me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what will happen.. I have a feeling this is a night you don't want to end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the sabe--the pathos--of longing and loss! Well done, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Robin this is beyond beautiful!! Such palpable emotion in your elegantly constructed haibun ❤️

    ReplyDelete