Thursday 25 June 2020

That was unexpected


I sat by the river in the park
Used to come here when but a kid
For I feel a tiny bit sad
As something has now happened
Which has made me feel quite bad
Had a call from cute girl of mine
She said it's over but never mind
It is true what they say to me
There are a lot of fish in the sea
But it hurts I really do care
Was a great lass to have an affair
Yes there are others but not now
So I threw some stones in the creek
Wiping tears that were on my cheek
It is my pride that has been hurt
It's time to find a new piece of skirt



Image found at www.shutterstock.com

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad the young man wasn't too cut up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was smart enough to shed a tear and look to the future. Nice one Robin

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I was feeling sad for you until the last line made me laugh out loud! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving on quickly, nicely expressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free to "find a new piece of skirt"? No rest for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another piece of skirt? Out of the frying pan into the fire for your young dreamer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejection hurts, but we learn to move on.

    ReplyDelete