Saturday 20 June 2020

My dear bride


Wedding music is being played in church
I fiddled with my tie and checked my shoes
I spent last night with friend at local bar
The photographer is here from towns news

I wait right at the front with my bestman
After dusting down to try to look smart
Organ music now welcomes the bride
My darling girl with whom I'll never part

I looked in her eyes and she looked in mine
Soon at reception all guests are dancing
While we sit together as man and wife
Jokers come up to give me a ribbing

I hold her hand and she holds mine as well
I want to kisss her lips another time
The are bright and dancing takes place
Our new lives together will be sublime

The weight of the day is taking its toll
Both our joints ache and we feel bruised inside
Let's leave this dusty place and corny jokes
I need to get to bed with my dear bride



Image found at www.pixabay.com

1 comment:

  1. The weight of the day is taking its toll
    Both our joints ache and we feel bruised inside

    There is always the downside in all good things. But it is temporary in nature and is in passing makes it tolerable! Great narrative Robin and the real occasion usually happens the way as described here!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete