Saturday 20 June 2020

About Kathleen


What can I tell you?
About my Kathleen
I loved to touch her hands
How she'd get lost in abook
Her mind elsewhere
Now idea who she was 
It was the same with letter
She'd rush to the mailbox
As though a lover had written
Yet I thought I was him

Just for the records, it's over
Finished, she gone, run off
"Going off to the shops" she said
Must be still there, it's dark now
While I am here sitting alone
Waiting for the phone to ring
Thinking about my life with her
The way that it has all panned out
Love and beauty are transient
They come into your life...then walk out


Although not new I found this poem of mine from a few years back so decided to give it an airing!

Image found at www.shutterstock.com




16 comments:

  1. Wish this love was permanent. I na way it is, in his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, ignoring the signs is dangerous – but oh so human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are better off without her. This one is different, you usually rhyme
    Happy Sunday

    Thanks for dropping by my sumie Sunday today

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this looking back is a grieving but also an honoring of what was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only human to want more! Beautifully evocative write, Robin 💝

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so sad to be left with so many questions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 'aired' poem ... cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the detail of the speaker loving to touch the subject's hands. It's such an intimate bit, so personal... that it takes us right into the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for airing this oldie but goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some go, some stay, life such as it is. Poor Kathleen. think of what she missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This feels both so intimate and so sorrowful--relationships can end without warning sometimes--

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, a relationship that's not meant to be. i guess most of us had gone through such pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love walks in and then runs out... nice one, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope a new woman, beautiful and more loving, comes into your life again, O.G.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true, I wish love was true and everlasting always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Something about that image combined with the poem gives this a slightly eerie feeling.

    ReplyDelete