Wednesday 11 March 2020

Wife is sleeping


I don't know if you have heard
You can't call me an early bird
Dawn really is no friend of mine
Especially after a night of drinking wine

In my teens was quite a rake
At 1.00am was still awake
Staggering home full as a coot
I was surprised my Ma didn't give me the boot

This all changed when I met Sue
Most stunning girl I ever knew
Loved the way she flicked her hair
So losing her would be far more that I could bear

And so it was we got wed
Must confess she was good in bed
Not long before babe came along
We were all so pleased that I could have sung a song

However there's just one thing
All was quiet wife is sleeping
Found those earlier days a boon
As little bub's crying would wake me far too soon

Image found at www.pixabay.com

9 comments:

  1. Always pleased to read your posts ... we have led parallel lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, new babes do cause rearrangement of sleep patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join your club, Robin. Ours were twin boys, they kept the same hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. Some years ago, I worked 30+ hour shifts and now... I nod off at my computer screen. I like your remembrances of earlier times. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's difficult to stick to the same sleep schedule once there is a new born baby in the house 💝

    ReplyDelete
  6. This brought back memories for me. There's something so soothing about your poetry. I always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children certainly change the hours of sleep and awake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha. Yes, I have had six children and they DO change things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I remember those days when my little ones got up super early. Now it's a wonder if they're up by 10 on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete