Saturday 14 March 2020

Our eyes meet


The shops cash register went ping
I turned my head to glance that way
My eyes did meet the girl's at the till
Yes I knew her, her name was Jill

Used to be at school together
When young and free and I fell in love
With every girl that I did see
But not her, she didn't fancy me

Put my purchase on the counter
So she could scan it at the till
She glanced at me then said aloud
"Hey, I missed you" (There was no crowd)

I twisted round, we were alone
So spoke "Do you fancy a date?"
Her shining eyes and mine did meet
She turned and said "Must be discrete!"

So the wheel of fortune spun around
I did break all the rules for her
Did tread the road of infamy
Instead of honest monogamy

Our sighs though were not in the press
Though we met for more than a year
As winter came and snow flakes fell
She wept "It's over" that phrase from hell

Image found at www.pixabay.com.au




No comments:

Post a Comment