Tuesday 17 March 2020

Where is she now?


"Just where is she now?" You ask
It hurts to recall those days
Of unrequited love, my sweet
It's many years since we did meet

She a girl with raven hair
With her deep dark eyes on mine
Met her at a small town dance night
She walked up to me, eyes alight

"You look like you want to dance"
As she pulls me on the floor
So quickstep, waltz and rumba too
She knew full well just what to do

Soft warm body was a treat
Her eyes never looked away
But kept me close in possession
'Til break was called to that session

We sat down to have a drink
Breathed her scent and felt her warmth
Needless to say I was quite struck
I just couldn't believe my luck

A bit after ten she said
"Glad I met you but I must go"
"Want and lift?" I asked gallantly
"No, my sweet; that won't suit hubby!"

I laughed but felt like crying
As she put wedding ring on
We walked outside, then I kissed her
She smiled "With that, I do concur"

Met her again much later
Different town four years on
As she came running to my side
"Hello" she whispered, "You want a bride?"

Image found at www.pixabay.com



10 comments:

  1. Being at home in isolation, I’ve often wondered about where some of my lost lovers and friends are now. I’ve phoned some, emailed some, and am trying to keep up to date with others on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful read. Ah, the ones that got away.... But hey, that's a bit of a cliff-hanger ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's a bittersweet tale if I ever read one! Actually, I hope that the answer to the final question was no. It would have served her right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet and delightful read, Robin!๐Ÿ’ I agree with MMT, no such thing as snub the guy first and come strolling later. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. ๐Ÿคฃnice one Robin

    Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    Much✏love

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "... And her hair hung down in ring-a-lets
    (She was a nice girl, a proper girl but one of the rovin' kind)..." 
    I've a couple (??) that I can't find and a couple that I didn't look for. I will not write about anyone for fear they will recognize themselves, even if to me they were make believe. 
    Yet one of my memoirs describes them all, with different names. I'd best outlive them all.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memories, they come to us in tears and smiles. Love this story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some romances were only meant to last a night. But you can still have a lot of fun in that space of time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'where is he now' .... I ask. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete