Friday 30 July 2021

The taxi journey

                                


So lonely and sad I returned home

My wife had died in hospital

Leaving me to live a sad life

So I wiped the motes from my eyes

Feeling empty, frail and helpless

The taxi journey seemed endless

I spoke little on the ride back

My mind drifted back years ago

Both then young living a wild life

Then settling down with family

Seeking the days of happiness

The taxi driver delivered me home

I entered now our empty house

I choked with sorrow by myself

Then I lit a candle just for her


Photo found at www.pixabay.com

3 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. Thanks for sharing this blog with us. Also check my blog sherwood park cab service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so so sad when we lose our loved one...It is never the same again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much sadness in this piece, but the candle at the end provides a glimmer of hope.

    ReplyDelete