Saturday 31 July 2021

My Masseur


A few years ago I used to visit a masseaur on my doctor's recommendation. My slow deterioration of age, fitness and aches had gotme into this situationso I agreed a little TLC would be appropriate. Tis could not have been further from the truth of course. It is one thing to have your body soothed into a relaxed state but quite another to have those aches and pains identified and kneaded into submission by a skilled practitioner. Parting with a few dollars to satisfy the sadistic pleasure of a torturer was a bitter pill to swallow except that for the rest of that day the treatment received I felt reall well. My body felt cleansed of a myiad ills, albeit temporary but it did give me hope my body would not crumble around me.

My return visits were not regular at first but with such well being It encouraged me to attend on a monthly basis. Soon the manipulation, the music in the background and our two way conversations about everything under the sun soon made the visits quite a delight.

I say two way conversations; thisd is not quite truw. While the masseur was a young woman half my age chatted abot many things my own utterances were few. My response may be an admonition at her finding a reclacitrant tendon or a chat about our families, pets or holidays! If she was silent I too might drift off as I melted under her care

This of course was my undoing. Recieving treatment I was stripped down to my jocks and not a stitch more. Can you imagine my chagrin when on the massage table been lowered she tapped my shoulder to say "You can get up now", finding that she had put my socks on me! I gasped "I forgot to take my socks off".

At this she replied with a laugh "No! You were fast asleep I put them on for you." It is one thing to have a masseur, quite another to have a dresser too!"

339 words

10 comments:

  1. Wear thongs next time. The footwear variety of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just part of the pampering — enjoy! I love my regular massages. All human beings need touch for our wellbeing, This is one way that we who are elderly and widowed can get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nearly forgot to add that you made it into an entertaining read!

      Delete
  3. I love that massage drift! I guess it was cold and she was being thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whahaha, this is such a humorous story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😆 Nice one
    Happy Sunday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful story! :)
    Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My massage therapist has never put my socks on. I'm being cheated! I shall ask for dressing services next time. Seriously though, getting deep tissue massages is painful but, as you say, so very good for the body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your massage "sojourn"! What utter relaxation you achieved. She indeed worked magic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm afraid I couldn't sleep in your shoes. I have a reputation for sleeping easily but not if some one was pounding on me.
    I loved my therapy, every time and I didn't want to leave. It got to be like a club very soon.
    ..

    ReplyDelete