Friday 28 May 2021

Rastus and me in the park (Chapter 2)

 


After my first encounter with Rastus we got on well. I suppose I had been a bit of  dog  in the past so he befriended me happy to go on walks with me. We are having one now and have stopped for a paws. (I know that’s a bad joke).

I find a bench in the park but it’s occupied by a young woman. So I sit at the end of the seat while Rastus after a shy glance at the girl sits closer to her. He is a real flirt and after checking to see any signs of canine aversion sits even closer to her. She is eating a baguette as it is lunchtime. Clearly he knows I didn’t bring food with us so he might get a treat from her.

His steely eyes focus on the baguette and he edges closer to her. So close in fact his chin is almost resting on her knee. Meanwhile I am watching the pigeons on the grass with one eye and the other on her. Her knees emerge enticingly from her dress. They are pretty knees and Rastus agrees and plonks his chin on them with a look saying “Surely you need some help eating that baguette.”

Compliantly she breaks a tiny piece from the baguette and gives it to him. He wolfs it down without touching the sides and he manages to lick her hand with the quickest of licks.

I cannot ignore their foreplay and decide to do something about it.

“Sorry”, I say, “He’s a bit forward”.

She turns to me; hell’s boots, she is beautiful. I could lick her too. I wonder whether she would mind?

“What’s his name?” She asks hardly looking at me.

“That depends I say. When he’s at home he is Tinkerbell but when he is with me he is Rastus.”

By mentioning his name he turns his attention from the baguette to me, affirming the statement.

Clearly Rastus is a bit annoyed that more baguette is not coming his way, so he decides to lick her toes. She squeals with delight looking at me as though I did it.

I wish I had.


361 words

13 comments:

  1. Great descritive writing I can see the dog with the chin on her knees bagging for some bread So cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs open up all kinds of possibilities, especially in the park, and often lead to friendships. My daughter has made friends with all sorts of people through her two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "stopped for a paws" (SMIL)ING
    Happy Sunday Robin. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! what a delightful and naughty story. Clearly, Rastus is made for the narrator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You venture into almost salacious territory with this one, Old Egg. A charming and entertaining tale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun vignette. I was transported and wanted some baguette too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was smiling while reading through. Naughty Rastus, I mean you, I mean Tinkerbell. Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say dogs are great ice-breakers when a fellow is looking for a girl! Great flash fiction! .... or is it fiction???

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a very fun read, Robin. I love the girl's friendliness towards Rastus. Not everyone would be so accommodating. This is the beginning of something awesome, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Per the pattern of my requests ... please continue the Story of Rastus ~~ and you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me smile. I love the part, "Surely you need some help eating that baguette."

    ReplyDelete