Wednesday 19 May 2021

Welcome to the real world

 


I am old and have come to that time when I do need a list

For just about everything that I do in life

Sometimes it is easy such as shopping day

When first I need to check the the fridge and the larder

...and my wallet...and the bathroom...and just about

Everything else I look at each day but never have the sense

To write things down as I am not going to the shops just yet

Mind you I have often gone to the supermarket and found 

I don't have my shopping list with me anymore

So I search my memory after checking my Covid ap

That in Australia if you fail to do this you could be fined

Whether it is at the Newsagent, the Cafe, the Chemist

And every other trading place in town...so I am good

As the fine for failing to do so if caught is humungous


Illustration of Covid sign to put on mobile in Australia



13 comments:

  1. I would not have survived the pandemic without my trusty planner and its pretty lists, strategically highlighted with washi tape in parts. I imagine it will prove its worth again as I slowly return to interacting with humans outside my household in this weird transition time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do well to make more lists for myself too – and in plenty of time instead of at the last minute if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do your lists and remember what you need to do.

    Happy Wednesday Robin
    Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a faithful maker of lists, especially when it comes to grocery shopping. Not so much because I would forget to get something I needed, but because I would probably end up with tons of things I didn't need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only list I make is a grocery list....and I always manage to forget something every week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this ... and had no idea about the Covid App thing. Certainly don't want to hear about you being levied big fines. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a writer and crosser-off of lists, Robin. I have more than one, a Filofax planner, a typed weekly list of things to do, shopping lists for my husband, a menu for the week on the fridge – the list goes on! And I still forget something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I share a similar philosophy on lists. Interesting element about the Coivid app.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make a list and then too often leave it behind on the table. Bother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lists have become essential for survival. You just have to remember where they are so you can read them:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have quite a busy list to keep track of. I'm always afraid of losing mine

    ReplyDelete