Saturday 15 May 2021

The train stopped one night

 



The train stopped one night at old Farnham town

I used to live there but it made me frown

Memory hurt me I was courting Stella

But she ditched me for another fella

She was beautiful but played a game

Flicking her hair was a bweautiful dame

Couldn't dislike her , we went to the flicks

She was glad she always close the film picks

Each Friday was night we always meet

We would always try to get the same seat

We climber up the stairs ir was always best

Cuddled up together we had our nest

How sorrowful I was to lose this girl

This was like losing a precious pearl

She loved flowers I often bought her some

Courting is like that, win some lose sum

I know that now watching the falling leaves

Swirling around the platform under the eaves

I skipped out of my trainand stood by the wall

Why is it hard to lose the one and all?

Everything has changed oh how I missed her

Then I looked to platform the other side

Passengers gathering there for their ride

She hasn't seen me...but should have been my bride


Illustration found at www.Shutterstock.com


No comments:

Post a Comment