Friday 7 May 2021

Io chats with Robin (Chapter 12)


It was was only when I found Io was a keen tourist did I suspect the real motive for her quest. She was revelling in the trip of course in discovering new places she'd never dreamed of before. We had criss-crossed our way across the Pacific and not really doing a proper reasearch for Io's namesake God that once had been revered before the Eaurpean nations had decided to colonise the region. When she suggested going to an island miles from anywhere I couldn't see why but agreed regardless but clearly she reaaly had no interest in that long lost god from years ago.

The gods in Greece had no real interest in change and keeping up the pretence that everything was as it had always been. No wonder Io had cottoned on to me as a useful human to show her round the Pacific regardless of finding the male god Io or his history as I was heading that way so tagged along with me. It was only when she felt that sense of awe in Hawaii that she stopped pretending and fled away from the evidence to just be a tourist elsewhere. Meanwhile I was bumbling away with my books, photos and pages of notes, trying to help!

I was totally torn between keeping my beautiful Io for selfish pleasure or to confront her with my suspicions. We were due to fly back to Nadi in Fiji then travel on to Auckland in New Zealand. At dinner clearly she knew straight away I wanted to talk. She pouted and said "When did you realise?"

"Not at first, but when we were in Hawaii, and you clearly felt the presence of the Pacific god Io it all fell in place".

"How did you keep it from me?"

I told her how I kept her image in my mind all the time; breathing in her scent, running my fingers through her hair, nibbling her ears or laying my head on her breast. So you were never completely convinced. 

She looked at me sadly "You are very honest Robin; I think I should stay with you a little longer. I know now you will never betray me". 

366 words 




12 comments:

  1. I'm glad she's going to stay a while longer. I don't want you to run out of Io adventures to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have both kept things from each other. Where will it all end, Robin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no better adventure to travel the islands finding the presence of the Pacific God The Pacific god in Tonga is Tangaloa Love the beach huts and would love to stay in one
    Have to keep following now as they go to NZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one doozy of a tale ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. now it will be a bit harder to shake her off, not that you are going to, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an imagination you have, Robin. I like your story so far and waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good to have a trustworthy friend

    Happy Sunday Robin

    Much🌷love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin is a very understanding fellow, even if he has his own reasons for being so. Io is doing the right thing. The is more fun to have here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like more adventure to come. Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ribin, I know she stayed until her death. Did you continue this search until then?
    Or is it fiction?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin, a hundred times. Shame, shame, for typos. And to think I was once a typing teacher. Proof read, proof read, . . .
      One thing in my favor, not an excuse, is that since my computer cratered about two years ago most all of my blog work and composition has been on this Galaxy 8 smart phone. Pictures too.
      ..

      Delete
    2. That's more that I can do! However Ribin is fine as the 'O' in Robin is inapproriate as I am quite thin.

      Delete