Wednesday 5 May 2021

Finding a new home



At Brighton town overlooking the sea

We checked apartments did my wife and me

So we looked at new ones and we looked at old

But not one visited screamed out "Sold!"

At last we found this one high on the hill

Wife's eyes brightened how she was thrilled

From its Lounge window we could see the sea

So I told her it certainly pleased me

It's kitchen was first room seen by my wife

Never seen her grin so much in her life

The lounge room fireplace was burnished brass

In fact the whole place was really first class

I spoke to the salesman to check the price

Said "Sellers just dropped it...does that entice?"

Wife nodded as she said "It does for me"

"From master bedroom we can see the sea"

With drop in price we could now afford it

We double checked each room then we did sit

Signed the offer, salesman nodded his head

Wife said "I'll see the sea from my own bed"


Image from Brighton, England seafront


16 comments:

  1. Great description of that special place. Well told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sea view would be wonderful! I'd love it now. Not so sure smiling about a kitchen would be my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful find. One that would be hard to forget. Even just the idea of seeing the sea from the bedroom relaxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good place. I was thinking today how far I am from the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky to wake up with the sea for your view! I don't blame you for jumping on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ages since I've been to Brighton but I did watch Cuffs and that brought back some memories. Nothing like a sea view, especially when it's on the south coast of England.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound delightful. Abd a bonus view of the sea.
    Happy Wednesday Robin

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful. Oh, how I envy you two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful story of buying your home. I'm wondering what brought you to Brighton?
    Plus the rhyme is perfect.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jim, yes my wife and two children (then) lived in Brighton, England for a few years before we migrated to Australia. Although my house was not on the beach we could view the sea from our house as we were up the hill to the north. Being adventurous we migrated to Australia in 1966 and have been there ever since. We added one child here and never regretted the move at all.

      Delete
  10. The sight of something pleasant, be it the sea, the mountains, or perhaps a desert landscape, is certainly reason enough to settle in a particular place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brighton has a special place in my heart, Robin. When I was little, we used to have days out in Brighton. We travelled by coach with my nan and spent the day on the beach. Later, my best friend and her family bought a hotel not far from the beach, where I went to stay with my daughter sometimes. The last time I visited was about five years ago to see a band. I lived by the sea on the North Norfolk coast for five years, which was cold and very breezy, but wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot fathom a more dreamlike vision from the window of my bedroom ......

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dream is to have an ocean view. Sounds perfect, Robin.

    ReplyDelete