Thursday 29 April 2021

Io on a desert island (Chapter 11)

 


So we both used our trip to try to locate evidence of this Pacific male god named Io in any of the many island nations that were there in this part of the world. She did most of the talking with the island people and had them mesmerised with her interest and charm.     

I was quite tongue tied but somehow she knew their language and enjoyed their feasts and dancing displays. We swam in hotel pools, walked on deserted beaches and even hired a little boat to view the island from the sea. She was a bit frustrated she couldn’t swim naked but we were told that this was not permitted. 

We found a luxury hotel in Tonga where you stay in a fale on the beach where we could be in utmost privacy just strolling to the main resort for drinks, dining and entertainment. It was there she relaxed, probably knowing she wouldn’t learn much about her namesake Io here or anywhere else either or be troubled by Greek gods looking for her! 

I had however done some research and Zeus had not made love to her as people thought but merely touched her finger; which was enough as she bore her son Ephasus. In fact I was the only person that had ever made love to her. Clearly finger touching may be fine but now she wanted the real thing…with me! 

I did ask her “Who is going to find out?” 

At this Io laughed. “Well no, its not Zeus; he has always got nymphs and maidens hoping they’re next. It is always the many minor gods and goddesses looking for the dirty on anyone else.”

I said not a word, it all seemed illogical. Meanwhile Io had already stripped off and was pulling at my tee-shirt as her face beamed with laughter.

316 words

Image found at www.shutterstock.com


11 comments:

  1. Io is making a big impression on everyone she meets, Robin! No wonder the Greek gods are looking for her, especially as Zeus was only allowed finger-touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A skillful weaving of mythology and contemporary, Robin. And I too, get the feeling that Io is making a big impression. :)

    And oh, the pic is inviting. How I'd love to holiday in a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lucky lad! But I guess Io can pick a nice boy when she finds one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another interesting chapter

    Happy Sunday Robin

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "finger touching" bit made me laugh like a lunatic. But the narrator's tone when he tells about what Io wants now is just too funny. Also, I keep on waiting for her to turn into a cow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a perfect vacation mixed with myth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHA. Now we're getting to the good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Bev says ... the good stuff. I love mythology, this resonated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It is always the many minor gods and goddesses looking for the dirty on anyone else." That's the way it is with us humans when jealous or unsatisfied. I think women may be more prone to this fault. Am I stereotyping?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think so Jim. We are all as bad as one another...but you can get away with it hen writing fiction.

      Delete