Friday 9 April 2021

Io and I start planning the trip (Chapter 8)


I really had to be stronger and not let Io seduce me again.

I had bought Sue Grafton’s novel ‘V is for Vengeance’  on the way home and I continued to read when I got into bed. Needing concentration, by the time I put the light out Io was fast asleep.

However by morning when I woke, we were both naked curled up together and I couldn’t remember a thing. But I had a beautiful feeling of her love for me in my brain. So later we discussed the plan to find this elusive male god Io (her namesake) in the Pacific region.

I told her as we were discussing it in bed that there was no way I could afford another holiday just now. Because we were not just doing a package tour of Fiji for ten days all organised on some resort island but an in depth research project to discover the roots of religious beliefs in the area.

“How much do you think we need then?” asked Io. "I think I have some money with me". She reached for her red handbag and fossicked around inside and drew out a little pouch of coins. My heart fell; even if they were rare Greek coins from many years ago we could never get rid of them, except a few at a time.

But they weren’t Greek, they were British sovereigns worth about $1200 each!  All dated in the last 50 years and were legitimate for any transaction and she had about $150,000!

I hugged her as she put the bag of coins away; turned back to me and nodded reading my thoughts showing me an ample glimpse of her flesh. "On one condition” she said, “If you ever speak with any gods don't tell them we are lovers. Especially Zeus and Hera or even Hermes as he likes me too. Well no-one at all as they do gossip and get drunk”.

As she named them, I got up had my shower, shaved and dressed. I went into the kitchen wondering what she would like for breakfast. She was still mumbling other gods names; then called out, "Robin, the worst person to talk to is Echo".


364 words


15 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying this story, Robin! Io is full of surprises, especially those gold sovereigns, but I’m getting an ominous feeling from the warnings she’s giving about the gods, especially Echo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two people together waking up naked and couldn't remember a thing is always mysterious to me. Hermes... and his animal husbandry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying this story too, but I also fear for the future of this couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing story Would love to read more and read about the trip to Fiji and hear about the gods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful and delicious little vignette, Robin that both entertains and stimulates further interest, very effectively - I will certainly be back for more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cant get enough of her Robin, be honest

    Happy Sunday. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    much love....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued. It's so surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is getting more and more interesting. Please heed all those names...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm completely taken by the fact that Io might've put love directly into Robin's brain. How very intriguing! Is it permanent? I guess we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot to say that the ending made me laugh aloud.

      Delete
  10. I am transfixed by your characters and storyline .... oh my am I!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am enjoying this series. It is fresh and engaging each time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another absorbing episode, and I learned a new word -- fossick. I'd never heard it! It always excites me to learn a new word. Thanks, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ready for another day. But they'd best be careful, the ancient deity play by different rules. And make up new ones as necessary.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Io the Greek maiden is an ancient deity and I would be wary of her if she befriended me (Oops! She has!).

      Delete