Wednesday 21 April 2021

Like an April breeze


She was young and fresh like an April breeze

Who caught my eye after cruel winter's freeze

When my eyes looked upon this young girl's charms

How I wished for her in my eager arms

Her name was May who had blossomed so well

Whose sparkling eyes had many tales to tell

So I took a bold step to talk to her

She looked up at me and did not demure

I loved that she enjoyed a cuddle or two

And both she and I would write a billet doux

But the month of June was another trial

...it was over and I was in denial


Illustration from www.pixabay.com

9 comments:

  1. Awww after a few love letters thats it. It just wasn't meant to be 😞
    Happy you dropped by to read mine Robin

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the fleeting nature of most young loves – but sweet while they last. Love your romantic tales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Rough winds always shake the darling buds of May to make way for the onslaught of June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful style and technique.

    I truly appreciate your kind encouraging words sir. Keep writing Old Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, you are so clever in conjuring up all these pleasant companions. I don't know any named April but this one is good.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great rhyming, Robin, and I love that ‘Her name was May who had blossomed so well’. We have mayflowers in our garden at the moment - my grandmother wouldn't let them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the lovely May ... sweet memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the way it goes with young love sometimes! I see the comings and goings in the lives of my teenager and their friends and it can all be quite dramatic!

    ReplyDelete