Saturday 24 April 2021

Aloha Io (Chapter 10)


Io and I finally agreed to take a voyage to into the Pacific to search for evidence of this other old God Io. My Io I guessed thought it was another voyage of the Argo with lots of adventures on the way. My guess was that she was more interested in seeing a new part of the world far from her original home in Greece rather than be forgotten by the Greek population who were merely glad that there was some reason for visitors to their country so they could profit from it.

So I mentioned that it was likely that most Pacific Islanders would not know about ancient gods after all this time as they mostly had been converted to other nations gods and beliefs following colonisation well over a hundred years ago. She looked surprised saying "They probably worship secretly then."

"Thats possible" I said, "But many islanders have adopted the Western religions or the Asian ones too."  

Io just shook her head in disbelief but then said "What do you suggest?"   

I breathed a sigh of relief. "We can go to Hawaii first and and then work our way back checking some smaller islands too. You might be able to sense a belief in historical gods. Then I suggest we finish up in New Zealand to check the libraries there. 

"But won't they lie?" She said.

"No, these days historians want to record the old ways even though they are different from our own." I said and she seemed satisfied hugging me saying "Shall we go tomorrow?"

"As soon as we get the flghts arranged; but you need to get a passport."

She looked at me in disbelief as I quickly added "I'm joking of course; just checking".

We flew out to Hawaii the following week then worked our way back to Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and then to New Zealand. Io was not impressed with Hawaii until I found that there was an Iao's peak and she blithely ignored the signage to keep to pathways and was awe struck at the sight of it. She said little but shook her head saying "We should not be here, we must get away, this is a sacred place. Let's go to Tahiti next." 


Wordcount 368

Image from www.pixabay.com



11 comments:

  1. Seems like there will be plenty of adventures to come. Good! I don't want this tale to end yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really getting around in their search for the other Io, and they are having adventures, just not like Jason and the Argonauts. Io is having to learn fast about the modern world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed a bit but got straight drawn into the adventure again. Especially as they are planning to travel the Pacific I went to Tonga a wonderful island and the people are lovely and very exciting for them to visit beautiful NZ Don't know if they find any trace of what they are looking for though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marja, I too have visited Tonga, New Zealand and several other Pacific islands. I loved them all.

      Delete
  4. Is this a Neverland kind of flight? I'd like to read Lo bionotes. The sad part of the quest is that all the places repeat the same standard story, lies maybe, as she says.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about this wondrous tale is how the fantastical adventures of Io and Robin feel so very possible. As if they could happen to anyone at any time. I can't wait to see what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your imagination is amazing. I'm loving the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journey of a lifetime .... should have sneaked me into one of the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. their adventures are going to come thick and fast!
    can't wait for the next episode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had seen Io and you on a plane in an earlier chapter. I really thought she had a passport?

    Have a nice week Robin. Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Io being a goddess didn't need a passport as she has the power to convince humans they have seen it by mesmerism. This is a fantasy story only.

      Delete