Wednesday 13 May 2020

You lie to me





"You lie to me" she said, we lay in bed
I replied "Don't need to, I tell the truth"
"You're beautiful, I love your hair and eyes; 
Your soft skin, what is the need for lies?"

At any other time she then would laugh
But now it was serious and not a game
She wept, "I know about the other one"
I saw you in town with your honey bun"

"Oh that was just an office girl my love
Think she works in finance or somewhere else
She got in the lift t'was small talk that's all
I went to the bank, she went up the mall"

I had lied to her, for that was quite true
Not with office girl but you know who
All this was years ago, I don't know why
She then shook her head and began to cry





Image found at www.shutterstock.com



10 comments:

  1. "Just an office girl" are very human as are the guys. I doubt she fell for it.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some secrets are hard to keep, and some lies just don't convince.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah but she knew, it was a lie.
    Thanks for dropping by to read mine Jim

    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Robin, we always know when our men are lying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our intuition often will put us on the right path where things like that are concerned

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has the ring of truth in spite of the lie. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Us girls somehow always know when the other person is lying. 💝

    ReplyDelete
  8. that surprise ending was unexpected haha it made the poem kinda funny even though it is sad too. great write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She absolutely knew it was a lie. Good one, Robin!

    ReplyDelete