Thursday 28 May 2020

On my knees did bend


Respect your elders I was once taught
I laughed I was young and scared of nought
With fit young body and tongue that worked
I'd face the world nothing would be shirked
So turning aside from their wild minds
Chose my own path to make my own finds

Was it a gift or a penance won?
Were my feet now planted on he ground?
I know I met most beautiful of girls
With who I relished kissing her curls
Loved her so much wihout her I'd die
Mum said "Why is it you always sigh?"

There was no turning from my resolve
So told her whom I was now involved
Her eyes lit up, said "I know her mum!"
Just how would I know that they were chums
So this poem has a happy end
Usual ritual on my knees did bend

Image found at www.pixabay.com

17 comments:

  1. I love how this comes full circle - and your personality shines through

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in favour of happy endings. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, happy endings are so important. As I grow older, looking back, I realize that I lived so fast that so much wasn't actually experienced. I reckon I should have gone slower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May we all have happy endings, Robin! Beautifully rendered 💝

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the smile you just put on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy endings are the best (and so necessary these days!). Thank you for this one, Robin. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love makes the world go round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful tale of love. Thank you for the smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your love poems, O.G. so freewheeling and sweet. great write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one Robin

    Happy you dropped by my sumie Sunday

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely happy piece that is a delight to read. A breath of fresh air on a shelter-in-place day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "All's well that ends well." But for most we've enjoyed the journey. My mom used to tell me that I wouldn't find a nice in a bar though she knew I wasn't hanging out in bars. I doubt she'd ever been in one.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. A positive piece of much needed verse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, who does not like a happy ending.Thanks for bringing smiles.

    ReplyDelete