Wednesday 27 May 2020

An assortment of anagrams




A few raps from the trainer brought a rasp from Bob who didn't like to spar.

A saint in white satin failed to notice a stain on his robe.

Bleary eyed, I was barely awake when we started harvesting the barley.

Local families on the estate did resent an empty nester couple who enters their neighborhood.

The judge had to recuse himself secure in the knowledge that would rescue him from involvement.

The spiv in the lane chose to lean against the wall with elan.

What is the angle with an angel who tries to glean my doubtful past? 




Image found at www.Pixabay.com

12 comments:

  1. Very clever lines. You really got me with the stained saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I loved this! Interloping elders, describes me I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Robin that second line is just... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all these. You have made such brilliant sense of them all! Each one tickles the funny-bone, but I think my favourite is the spiv. Quite a feat, to lean with elan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The saint one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had some fun playing around with anagrams, Robin! I love the saint in white satin with the stain on his robe and the bleary/barely/barley line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful alliterative lines. You used so many anagrams. Bravo

    Muchđź’–love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are clever with your words! Great work O.G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice local small town stuff, very clever, Robin.
    My favorite will be the judge having to recuse himself.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. "a saint in white satin" is my favorite. You really outdid yourself on this one, Robin!

    ReplyDelete