Sunday 28 February 2021

Io the traveller- (Chapter 3)


We flew into Kuala Lumpur airport miles from the city. I went to the Business class area and Io followed me in.

"How far are you going?" I asked.

She merely said "You first".

"Adelaide" I said.

She beamed "So am I." 

"You haven't a ticket or a passport have you? You just make them think so. Do you think you are Cleopatra or someone like that?" 

"Well I'm better than her. Haven't you heard of Isis?" She pouted.

"I thought that was a story the Egyptians made up of you swimming in the sea to escape Hera tormenting you with gadflies."

"I am a good swimmer, but an insect spray would have been good."

I shook my head "You really have bewitched me? Why did you pick on me Io?"

"You are the only one that understands" With that she gave me a hug as we headed for the lounge together.

We settled in some easy chairs and I said I was off to the shower. "We could bathe together" she suggested. 

I shook my head. "That is forbidden, the facilities are segregated. You go ahead, I can get one later." So off she went. Later she came back all fresh and dewy. So I went had my shower and then we talked about  Adelaide and what she wanted to do. I would let my family know I was back and mention I had met a friend on the plane who might stay with me.

I still wondered why she fled Greece but such matters were slight compared with how much I fancied her.

As I looked up she smiled and said "I've changed my name".

I raised my eyebrows.

"I am Violet S.Inarchus and I'm Greek on holiday to see friends in Melbourne. That is near you isn't it?"

"Only about 450 miles away and I think you have put an "r" for Robin in your family's name. I am flattered."

She grinned. "Yes, you are quite good Robin!"


331 words

 Image  of Kuala Lumpur airport found at www.pixabay.com

11 comments:

  1. Oh goody, another serial! I like the touches of humour, particularly the need for an insect spray. (I sympathise; insects love me much more than I love them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing story and like Rosemary I love the humour An insect spray would indeed have been good lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. An intriguing travel story, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a lovely and fascinating read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you're in the story. What a playful exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really hard to ignore her, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating read, Robin. A segue into fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying this one, though i find the stone age serial wad easier to follow. I wan to go back and read the preceeding 2 chapters

    Happy Sunday

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay so i went back, i read Chapters 1 and 2. So i'm ready for next week Chapter 4



    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really enjoying the fun dialogue. They have so much fun together. One can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this ... can't imagine where you are headed ... "We could bathe together" she suggested.

    ReplyDelete