Friday 5 February 2021

Dawn again


Dawn again as night dissolves from my mind

Gone the moths and fireflies from the window

As the sun grins at me from the horizon

Alright I am a bit sluggish today

As I shower and dress then light the fire

Some snow has been forecast for later

The fire smokes its flames a bit reluctant

Eventually it starts glowing with pride

As I hear a murmur from the bedroom

Who else but my heart's delight, my dear wife

Now expecting her wake up cup of tea

So I check what chores I must do today

While the water is boiling and dog stares

So let him out to sniff around outside

Take the tea to my wife still tucked in bed

Thinking of checking lawn mower's blades

She grins and says "Are you coming back in?"

Now just what blind fool would fail to do that?


Image found at www.pixabay.com


4 comments:

  1. Better than checking the lawnmower blades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely scene - content and cosy

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so very lucky to be able to count upon that kind of happiness, and the lawnmower blades can wait a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta snag these little moments. The lawnmower blades can wait.

    ReplyDelete