Saturday 27 February 2021

Attracted to water

 


I was attracted to water

When I was but a young boy

Whether it was a rippling stream

Or a slow drifting river

Even lakes silently calm

Where I'd be on most weekends


My nearest water close home

Midst of trees whispering on

Was where I'd go out to hide

With birds chirping in their nests

Which silent came as I came

'Til they knew I was a friend


As the sun arced high in the sky

And butterflies glided around

I wished too that I had wings

In azure sky flying high

Arcing over hills and bends

Leaves settling on surface day's end


Image found at www.pixabay.com

3 comments:

  1. I’m there with you in the shore taking in all the sights. Wonderful job of capturing the moments and bringing the reader along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether it was a rippling stream
    Or a slow drifting river

    When 'rippling'is mentioned a 'water'poem naturally is invoked. Wonderful throw-back to childhood. Robin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. We desert-dwellers are attracted to water too, but it's not as easy for us to find as it was for the youthful you!

    ReplyDelete