Friday 6 November 2020

The guest took wings


I wish I could escape from this life

With my pain and grief taken away

To breathe again the scent of musk

To be happy on a summer's day

Where the sun would shine from morn to dusk

Lightening my life in every way


How can we distill the meaning of life?

Old age means time's drawing to an end

Courteously sending brain one last kiss

With grace sends my senses round the bend

As my mind now thinks all is amiss

The light is now fading, I am on my way


Image found at www.pixabay.com

3 comments:

  1. That's so beautiful! And, really, not morbid at all (in reference to your comment on my blog), since the narrator's wish in the beginning was granted. I believe it's a release from the pain and grief when that light fades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is a fickle and sometimes cruel beast...perhaps all that counts is that we are here right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strangely enough, I find comfort in this poem. No doubt it's because I too am on my way, and I'm curious about what might be round the bend.

    ReplyDelete