Wednesday 4 November 2020

The eye of the hurricane

 


The hurricane had his eye on me

Because I was where I shouldn't be

Walking in the wild world; that's what I do

As the wind showed me how well he blew


Thought I'd shelter in the forest deep

Perhaps lay down there and have some sleep

Where the storm couldn't see where I was

Not a good excuse, lets say "Just because!"


I must say I was not hiding alone

Creatures quiet but wild wind did drone

It lasted for over an hour or two

Then got home as wife was making stew


She turned round and looked at dishevelled me

And said "Good, you are home in time for tea"


Image from www.pixabay.com



13 comments:

  1. Home. Loved one. Tea.
    Now THAT'S the calm amid the storm, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a bracing cup of tea after a wild time outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful, the tea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha nothing better then tea after such a threat of a storm or the hurricane who had an eye on you Great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I understand the term "walk on the wild side" !! An enjoyable read, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ☺what a wife, lucky guy. Tea's a winner anytime

    Much💙love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could she make me some sticky toffee pudding to to with my tea?
    Do you think that she had thoughts of coming to look for you? It is dangerous to be out in those winds, even in the eye. If a board or a piece of a building hits you at those speeds you'd be dead.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice personification of the hurricane, Robin! After I read your poem, I couldn’t get that old Binnie Hale song out of my head: ‘I like a nice cup of tea in the morning…’

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a stroll on the wild side, a nice cup of tea--from an understanding mate--is just the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What could be better than returning home to your good lady and in time for tea?
    (I love the sound of tea being poured into a cup - so comforting.)
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two halves of a good whole: being out in the weather, and then the warm and the dry and the tea. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete