Friday 27 November 2020

Dreaming

 


I don't dream much anymore

My head hits the pillow, that's it

Book by the bedside unread

As dream weavers come to me

Standing there to check me out

Calling my name, I say nought

As they find me fast asleep

Touch my hands and read my palm

Quietly whisper in my ear

I dream of flying away now

So push the covers aside

Hold on as we slip away

Flying in the night time sky

I don't even wonder why

I don't feel heat or the cold

Behold I'm a wise hawk

Or a soft billowing cloud

I am part of creation

First life in a tiny shell

I see the meaning of life

Then the dark night brightens up

I'm back in bed, book unread

Dawn is winking through the curtain

T'was more than dreams, I'm certain


Image found at www.shutterstock.com

3 comments:

  1. I like this very much. I like the "dream weavers come for me...and how they read the narrator's palms.
    What a wonderful dream (or place) they took the sleeper! I will guess by the time he or she completely wakes the "meaning of life" will be forgotten though. That's what happens to me if I dream something important (or think it is while half awake), and I wake and think "I'll never forget that," but I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful flight...waking dreams can be better than sleep ones

    ReplyDelete