Saturday 4 July 2020

My girlfriend Grace


First I hated the way she flicked her braids
Until the time I found she smiled at me
Her simple look made my heart skip a beat
And what joy to steal that first kiss with her
We walked home from school she did not demur

What bliss when summer holidays came up
Suggested swimming at lido in town
Met her at gate with young brother in tow
She shrugged her shoulders "Mum said I had to
or else I wasn't permitted to go"

She had loosened her hair from the school braids
Now I thought she looked prettier by far
We were soon swimming in middle of pool
Held hands in water so bro could not see
Not that he looked at us I do agree  

Clock now showed half past four, so out we got
Went to changing rooms to change our wet togs
Met up again and strolled into town
So gave him some candy while waiting for bus
So Grace's bro didn't stare back at us

Image found at www.pinterest.com


1 comment:

  1. Haha.. Chaperones are usually a pain in the backside. I love how your poems beautifully bring out the simpler boyhood times! <3

    ReplyDelete